Friday 28 June 2013

The Sutton Arms - Stockton




I stopped off at the Sutton Arms today for Lunch. It's a pub in Elton (On a map it seems to be almost on the middle point between Middlesbrough and Darlington).

Even on a rainy day like this the place looks nice. The area quiet. I almost his a wide variety of birds on the way there and they didn't even appear fussed in the slightest.

The Sutton Arms has a good menu with a lot of different foods to choose from. Theres something for just about every pallet.

The lunch lunch time specials are a little more limited but for just under £5 you can't go wrong.

I went for Chicken and Yorkshire pudding which came with gravy mash and a roasty for some reason. Maybe the roast potato was meant to be there maybe it wasn't. If it was trying to escape though it failed. The meal also came with some cooked veg comprising of carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage.

Now I like my Veg firm and they didn't disappoint. The Yorkshire pudding was crispy and the chicken was moist.

The meal was fantastic. All of it tasting great.
If I was to make one negative comment it would be that the gravy was not as think as I like it but that's a miner thing (I like my gravy so thick it has trouble poring).



The interior doesn't disappoint ether. The place is as quirky as  they come with some of the most unusual collections of things for you to spend time inspecting.





If you get the chance please go. It really is a lovely place.


Restaurant link

No comments:

Post a Comment